Bequest Programme Executive
Part time (0.4FTE), Fixed term contract to 26 March
The Bequest Programme Executive is a new fixed term position for Chamber Music New Zealand (CMNZ) and plays a key role in the development and implementation of a bequest programme at CMNZ, a significant activity in CMNZ’s 2020 development plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching, developing and implementing the CMNZ Bequest programme in collaboration with the Development Manager;
- Managing the implementation of a bequest campaign and reporting on it;
- Maintenance and development of key relationships with current and prospective bequestors;
- Ensuring bequests are processed into PatronBase (CMNZ’s fundraising and marketing database) and manage acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
Working closely with the Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to put your knowledge of the legacy environment to work in creating a robust bequest programme to support CMNZ’s medium to long-term sustainability. Your research skills and well-developed ability to identify and analyse information and put forward ideas and recommendations will be key.
Skills and experience
- Sound track record of using research and analysis skills to build new programme
- Sound track record of working within a fundraising and/or marketing comms team
- Ideally, experience of working within a bequest programme in a not-for-profit organisation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including excellent listening skills
- Well-developed relationship management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, and maintain confidentiality and sensitivity
- Experience of working in a small team is an advantage, as is experience of working remotely.
- A positive attitude with a flexible, collaborative approach
- Understanding of the arts sector ideal