- Exciting role in a creative environment
- Play a role in supporting our mahi of music up close
- Full Time
About the role
The Operations Co-ordinator’s role is to coordinate the operational planning and presentation of CMNZ’s tours, events and community engagement activity:
- develop and implement annual touring schedule;
- manage the annual operations budget with the Manager, Community Engagement and Artistic;
- liaise with and book venues;
- plan and arrange artists’ itineraries, organise transport, accommodation, appropriate immigration visas and tax exemptions;
- maintain contact and provide support on operational matters for Concert Managers;
- arrange travel and accommodation for community engagement activities; CMNZ staff and Board;
- keep abreast of industry standards for Health and Safety and communicate any changes
This role is part of the Artistic Team and for a Wellington-based candidate, is also the Wellington Concert Manager.
You will have well-developed relationship management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences. You will also have:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others
- Good planning and project management skills, including managing risks
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to identify and address key issues
- Some commercial acumen and ability to identify business drivers
- Sound problem solving skills and judgement
- Knowledge or appreciation of the arts
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets
Chamber Music New Zealand (founded 1950) is a national agency that tours New Zealand and international musicians, presenting 120 concerts in over 30 towns and cities throughout the country each year. The concert programme incorporates a range of musical styles including classical, jazz, folk and contemporary genres.
We also have a dynamic community engagement programme that sees musicians working alongside a wide range of different groups and communities including people with lived experience of disability, at risk youth as well as those in geographically isolated regions.
Chamber Music New Zealand (CMNZ) is embarking on a period of re-invention, diversifying our role in response to the unique qualities of Aotearoa New Zealand today.
Chamber Music New Zealand’s administration offices are based in Wellington however for the right candidate we would consider remote working and flexibility in working days.