What is the latest information regarding upcoming concerts?
It is with deep sadness and heavy hearts that we announce all concerts up until 30 June have been cancelled. This includes Vesa & Friends, Letters from Iraq and Calefax. The one exclusion is Michael Houstoun‘s concert in New Plymouth on the 1 May which has been postponed until later in the year. A new date will be announced in the coming weeks.
The recent restriction on indoor gatherings has been the catalyst for this move.
All concerts after 1 July are unaffected at this stage. This includes VOCES8, Anna Im with Stephen De Pledge, Blackbird Ensemble, Doric String Quartet, Marmen Quartet, Matariki and the NZCT Chamber Music Contest (more on this here). We shall continue to deliberate and assess the situation as a team as well as with our venues and artists. We will notify everyone (in particular, ticket-holders) of any updates as and when we have them.
My concert is cancelled, what happens now?
As you can imagine, these cancellations and postponements affect hundreds of patrons, so we kindly ask you to please hold off from contacting us directly for the time being. We are doing our absolute best to manage the high volume of enquiries we are receiving, alongside facilitating the task of reaching out to everyone individually.
We will begin the official process of notifying subscribers on Monday 23 March via email and mail. If you purchased your ticket from a ticketing agency, the ticketing agency will contact you.
All ticket-holders will be given the option of a credit on their account (which can be used towards any concert in the 2020 or 2021 seasons), a refund or to turn the ticket value into a much-appreciated donation.
If you have not heard from us by the mid-April, we ask you to contact our ticketing team at 0800 266 237 or to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My concert is postponed, what happens now?
We will be in direct contact with all New Plymouth subscribers once a new concert date has been confirmed. You will be given the option of a refund should you be unable to attend on the new date.
Will the NZCT Chamber Music Contest go ahead?
We have been busy working through the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on our annual Contest and ultimately you, our participants. As of today, we feel that the NZCT Chamber Music Contest should proceed, but in a different form as we accept the challenges presented by the current worldwide health situation. More information is outlined here.
How is Chamber Music New Zealand tracking the virus?
We continue to monitor the changing global situation, following the guidelines and daily updates issued by the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
What if the outbreak worsens, will performances still go on?
We shall continue to deliberate and assess the situation as a team as well as maintain discussions with our venues and artists. Should the outbreak get worse (and assuming the limits on indoor public gatherings are relaxed) we will prioritise the health of our employees and audience members by implementing and communicating appropriate changes as recommended by the Ministry of Health to ensure a safe environment.
What will Chamber Music New Zealand doing to keep audiences, artists and event participants safe?
We are in contact with every venue where we are scheduled to perform and discussing what extra precautionary measures each is taking, such as providing additional hand sanitisers and disinfecting high-use areas within each venue.
I feel unwell. Should I attend a concert I have a ticket for?
The Ministry of Health’s advice for anyone who feels unwell is to not attend a public event. If you are a subscriber, you can exchange your concert ticket for another concert. Contact email@example.com or call 0800 266 237.
I don’t feel safe in public spaces, may I have a refund?
If you are a subscriber, you can exchange your concert ticket for another concert. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 266 237. If you purchased your ticket from a ticketing agency, please contact the agency directly. Refunds will only be issued in the event of a cancellation.